World Mission University empowers people through transformational biblical education to serve the church and impact the world for Christ.
Graduating students will be able to:
- Understand, interpret and communicate the message of the Bible accurately;
- Exhibit a spiritual and personal maturity;
- Demonstrate understanding of Christian theology;
- Demonstrate practical skills in their specific fields;
- Demonstrate ability to influence and lead others individually and corporately;
- Demonstrate post-secondary level of critical thinking; and
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity to engage the world effectively.
Philosophy of Education
World Mission University (WMU) is a Christ-centered institution dedicated to the preparation of men and women for ministry. WMU acknowledges that all truth is of God and recognizes the supremacy of biblical truth. WMU strives for excellence in the service of Jesus Christ, under the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit, to the glory of God.
Statement of Faith
- WMU subscribes to the historic creeds of the Church including The Apostle’s Creed and stands firmly in the confessional tradition of Protestant Evangelicalism.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the only standard for faith, life, and academic discipline (2 Peter 1:21; Isaiah 1:20; 2 Thessalonians 2:15; 2 John 9; 1 Timothy 6:20; 2 Timothy 1:14)
- We believe in the Holy Triune God, existing eternally in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; 14:9; 1 John 5:7; 2 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe in the creation of the universe as presented in Scripture and in the reality of heaven and hell and the literal existence of the devil (Hebrews 1:10; 11:3; Revelation 3:14; Romans 4:17; John 1:3; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6; Acts 5:3; Luke 22:3; Matthew 13:24-30; 1 Corinthians 7:5; 2 Timothy 2:26).
- We believe God created humankind in His image and likeness, but by the disobedience of Adam, all humankind was alienated from God and lost (Hosea 9:15; Jeremiah 12:8; Psalms 5:5; 11:5; Romans 1:18; John 3:36).
- We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, the Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary, who died on the cross, was physically resurrected from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will one day return in His glory to reign upon the earth (Mark 1:1; Matthew 1:25; Luke 1:26-28; Matthew 27:35; 1 Peter 1:3; Matthew 24:30, 64; Mark 13:26; Luke 21:27; John 14:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16).
- We believe in the gospel of salvation through the cross for those that put their faith in Jesus will be saved (John 1:12; 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Acts 10:43).
- We believe that the Church is the body of Christ and that the people of God are called to mission, education, and service (Matthew 28:19-20; Luke 4:18-19; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 4:12; 1 Corinthians 9:14, 16).